|December 01, 2013 - January 30, 2014|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Under the direction of the Activity Director, the Activity Aide assists in carrying out a planned activity program for residents. Maintains records, transports residents to and from activities. Performs varied clerical and department maintenance functions.|
|Duties:||JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in directing the overall operation of the facility’s delivery of care.
2. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to plan activities for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro & dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, and infectious diseases if applicable.
3. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in unit/shift assignments to meet resident and family needs.
4. Encourages the use of volunteers and assists in the supervision of volunteers during programs and parties.
5. Ensures that all programs are completed timely per the Activity Schedule.
6. Responsible to invite all residents to Activity Program as appropriate and as determined in the Care Plan.
7. Maintains attendance records for resident activities on a daily basis.
8. Assists Activity Director with the seasonal décor of the facility.
9. Assists in transporting residents to and from activities.
10. Performs light housekeeping tasks, such as clean-up following parties and programs. Maintains a clean office and desk.
|Qualifications:||SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:|
1. Must possess a high school diploma
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and /or holidays.
4. Able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
5. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
6. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.